Print Competitions 2020
|May:||Macro/Close Up||Macro/Close Up||Macro/Close Up||Open|
|July:||Abandoned Buildings||Abandoned Buildings||Abandoned Buildings||Open|
|September:||Local Content: see note 1||Local Content: see note 1||Local Content: see note 1||Open|
Note 1 :
September submissions for Small, Colour and Mono prints could include Landscapes, buildings, streetscapes, and people from your local area
December: Annual Presentations
Last Update: 12/2/2020
Print Competitions - General Rules:
1. Members may enter up to two prints in each competition. All image components must be photographic in nature and must have been taken by the entrant.
2. Each entry must have your name and the print title on the back
3. Each image can be entered only once.
4. Competitions will be judged by a panel of members present on the night or by visiting judges when available.
5. Awards will be presented in December to the “Top Three Images of the Year” chosen from the monthly winners in each section, and to the "The Most Successful Photographer of the Year" in each section
6. Competition subjects for the year appear above, and a printed list is available on the sign in table at club meetings.
Small Print Competition Rules
In addition to the above general rules the following conditions apply to small print competition entries:
1. Prints may be either colour or monochrome.
2. Prints to be mounted with a maximum revealed print size of 300 sq cm and maximum mount size of 500 sq cm.
There is no minimum size or set aspect ratio for the print.
Large Colour Print and Large Monochrome Print Competitions Rules
In addition to the above general rules the following conditions apply to large print competition entries:
1. Minimum revealed print size is 25 x 20 cm (10” x 8”) and maximum exhibit size is 50cm x 40cm (20” x16”) including mount unless otherwise advertised.
Creative Print Competition
Up to two images per competition. Subject Open
Entrants are encouraged to present images where the emphasis is on the original rather than novel, expressive rather than literal, subjective rather than objective, and imagined vision rather than camera vision. To encourage participation, an image can be any size up to a maximum of 50cm x 40cm (20x16 inches) including mount.
Digital Image Competitions Rules:
1. There must be a minimum of 5 members participating for the month’s competition to proceed
2. Each member may enter up to 2 images
3. Subject is Open unless otherwise set by the committee. All image components must be photographic in nature and must have been taken by the entrant.
4. Each image can be entered only once, but can have been entered in a previous print competition.
5 . Entries will be judged externally, or by selected member judges or by popular choice on the night. Awards will be presented in December to the “Top Three Images of the Year” chosen from the monthly winners, and to the "The Most Successful Photographer of the Year - Digital"
6. Images must be named and sized according to FCC regulations as below:
6.1. Images must be submitted as JPEG’s with untagged or sRGB colour format.
6.2 The filename should be the same as the title plus your initials. It must not contain any special characters like a comma, apostrophe or quotation marks. Use only letters and numbers in the filename. e.g. The Old Shed _JM
6.3. The width of the image must not be more than 1920 pixels. The height of the image must not be more than 1200 pixels.The size of the image file needs to be less than 2 MB Subjects is Open, unless otherwise advertised.